INTRODUCING Billy Boguard
SUNDAY 14th OCTOBER 2018
Billy is a Folk singer-songwriter, who writes, plays and sings from the heart adding to it a blend of imagination and psyche that culminate to betray his own feelings to find the simple truth of storytelling.
His enchanting sound is inspired by artists such as Neil Young, Bon Iver and Damien Rice.
Who is in the band
Billy Boguard (guitar, vocals, harmonica)
• When you formed/started playing music
5 years ago with this project
• Where you’re based
Based in London and in France
• Details of releases so far – mention if they were released through an independent label
Second E.P "Across the narrow sea" released independently in March 2016
• Influences –
Neil young, Bon Iver, Dermot Kennedy
• Stand-out achievements – airplay, blog/press coverage, festival slots, great gigs & support slots, award nominations or
Been part of French T.V show "The Voice", Sold out EP launch @ the Slaughtered Lamb, London, Supported french artists VIANNEY and AMIR, airplay on French radio "France bleu provence".
• Do you have an interesting back-story?
After getting a sound engineer degree, Billy moved to London at 20 to pursue his dream of being an active musician.
PLAYING FRIDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2018
Who is in the band ?
JP (bass / vocals), Clément (guitar) & Elvire (drums)
• When you formed/started playing music: 2015
• Where you’re based: Clermont-Ferrand (France)
• Details of releases so far – mention if they were released through an independent label: We have self-produced our first album ‘’Story of Helen’’ (release 21st September 2018): https://soundcloud.com/lafayetteregency/sets/story-of-helen-the-rise-and
• Influences Pink Floyd, BRMC, The Verve, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead
• Stand-out achievements –
We have supported The 1975, Eugene Mc Guinness, we've played french Aluna Festival with Franz Ferdinand, we have already toured the UK in 2017 (Brighton, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool, London (Nambucca) ) and many big popular venues in France. We’re also going to support the band The Inspector Cluzo a couple of times on the coming tour, in France and Belgium
• Do you have an interesting back-story? . Well we’ve named our band Lafayette Regency because our favourite bar is called Le Régent (situtated boulevard Lafayette, in Clermont-Ferrand), it’s not that interesting though...
• Good quotes from reviewers & links to coverage: we haven’t had loads of articles in magazines actually, but the audience, in France and England is used to saying we are ''the bomb’' haha
Story of Helen Tour
Lafayette Regency vient présenter son nouveau disque ''Story of Helen (the Rise and Fall of an Impossible Love)'', album concept dont le narrateur, éperdu d'amour pour un être féérique et insaisissable, sombre dans une quête auto-destructrice qui le mènera à sa perte. En studio comme en live le style du groupe est multiple, ressuscitant Pink Floyd à travers des envolées Gilmouriennes ou invoquant l'esprit des Dead Weather à coup de lourds riffs hard blues. Le trio, libéré de toute étiquette, frappe droit au coeur sans artefact aucun, diamant brut contondant.
Lafayette Regency are presenting their brand new album ''Story of Helen (the Rise and Fall of an Impossible Love)'', a concept album which narrator - desperately in love with an enchanting and uncatchable being – is sinking in a self-destructive quest that will lead him to his own end. In studio, as well as on stage, the band's style is pluralist, rising Pink Floyd from the dead with Gilmour-like parts or invoking The Dead Weather's spirit through loud hard blues riffs.
INTRODUCING - Zoe Zori
PLAYING MONDAY 27TH AUGUST 2018
Zoe Zori is a small girl with an acoustic guitar and a big voice! Zoe uses her acoustic guitar to create songs of great diversity throughout her set. She writes her originals by taking great influence from the likes of Green Day, Neck Deep and John Mayer, as well as covering a mixture of classics, like Mr Brightside, and more